Table of Contents
- Launching The Software
- Updating Audio License
- How To Translate
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
- Radio: (Enable/Disable) Features
- Radio Speaker Programming
- Monitor Real-Time Data (Digital Gauge View)
- Retrieving Motorcycle Information
A. VCM Connection Troubleshooting
- 1. Click and then click ‘Test’, if you receive the following screen below continue to step two. Instead if the VCM responds and gives information back skip to step six.
- Plug VCM into the PC only (Check for green light).
- Try a different USB port on PC and a different USB cable.
- Make sure VCM is showing as connected in the COM Ports in the device manager.
- Make sure USB Connection is selected.
If still unable to get a connection with VCM after the steps before, contact TechnoResearch Support.
- Make sure VCM is up to date (Ver. 20.04).
- Proceed to Bike Connection Troubleshooting steps if VCM version shows Ver. 20.04
B. Bike Connection Troubleshooting
- Plug VCM into the bike only (Check for green light).
- If using extension cable, try connecting without the extension cable.
- If not using extension cable, try connecting with the extension cable.
- Make sure bike’s security is disarmed when attempting to connect to it.
- If bike has aftermarket gauges, temporarily unplug them.
- If bike has a piggy back tuner, temporarily unplug it.
- Make sure bike is giving off power (fuel pump kicks on, fuses aren’t bad, etc.).
- Make sure you’re receiving voltage at the bike’s diagnostic connector even though the battery reads 12v.
(6 PIN Bikes – PIN 2 is Ground / PIN 5 is Power)
- Make sure DTCs are cleared and bike doesn’t have any old stored ones.