Table of Contents
- DirectLink Introduction
- DirectLink Main Features
- How To Setup TR4 System
- About This Manual
- TRo2/o2 Sensors/Rivnut Installation
- O2 Sensor Installation Kit Lite
- ECU Tuning Compatibility
- All TechnoResearch Cables
- Tuning Victory® Motorcycle
- 1 Setup and Installation
- 1.1 Where To Get The Software
- 1.2 Install Direct Link Flash Tuner
- 1.3 Run Direct Link Flash Tuner
- 1.4 Connect USB Cable
- 1.5 Power Up The Direct Link Flash Tuner
- 1.6 Power Up To Automatically Install Drivers
- 1.7 Update The Software
- 1.8 Confirm Com Port For Communication
- 1.9 Troubleshooting Com Port Issues
- 2. Toolbar Menu and Icon Descriptions
- 3. Direct Link – Key Features
- 4. Direct Link – Important Tables
- 5. Program the Calibration into the ECU
- 6. How to Save the Modified Calibration
- 7. How to Change Units and Colors
- 8. Monitor Real-Time Data
- 9. Monitor Real-Time Data
(Strip Chart/Meter Display)
- 10. Auto-Mapping
- 11. Common Issues and
- 11.1 Tuning File Issues
- 11.2 Fuel Issues
- 11.3 Issues with Auto Mapping Sessions Result
- 11.4 Idle Issues
- 11.5 Backup and Restore
- 11.6 Oxygen Sensor Issues
- 11.7 Other Possible Drivability Concerns
- 11.8 ECU Programming Issues
- 11.9 Deceleration Popping
5.2 Programming Status
At the end of the programming mode, a 'PASS' or 'FAIL' message will be displayed.
PASS: After successfully programming the ECU, follow the prompt instructing that the ignition be turned off for 15 seconds and then turned back on.
FAIL: If during the programming an error message/Fail message appears, perform, in order, the steps below. Any one of these steps could resolve the issue, so check for success before continuing to each progressive step:
- Check the wiring and adaptors. Look for connector looseness, oddities, or interference.
- Check to ensure that the ECU is above 12v. Note that the voltage may drop by the time the ECU receives it and a 12v at the battery may be closer to 11v at the ECU. The ECU voltage may be read in Direct Link data views.
- Cycle the Key off/on and attempt to program.
- Disconnect the ECM/ECU from its harness for 30 seconds, reconnect, and begin programming again.
- Remove all the fuses and relays from the fuse box of the motorcycle except the ECM/ECU and ignition fuses. Reprogram the ECM/ECU and put back all the fuses.